Re: Thanks to Gert and Sascha - other please keep on fixing bugs (Was: Thanks to Sascha for his bug fixing - but we should do more (Was: Strengthening team by fixing other members bugs))

Hello all,

Am Freitag, den 22.07.2016, 13:29 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Hi folks,
>
> But we need to do more specifically the gcc-6 bugs are quite a
> blocker.  I'd like to re-generate metapackages soon.  It would be not
> nice if these would not miss the gcc-6 affected losses we currently
> have (or will have soon).

The current list of open gcc-6 bugs is this [1], I had a look at most
of them already. Some comments:

#811841 seqan: FTBFS with GCC 6: no match for

- refers to v1.4, AFAIK version 2.0 is already in the archive, so this
one should probably me closed.

#816569 mrs: FTBFS with GCC 6: was not declared in this scope

 - is waiting for boost compiled with gcc-6 (i.e. c++11)

#811702 librg-blast-parser-perl

 - not sure what to make of it, it also has the user-tag gcc-6-macro
   which might point to a conflict between a newly defined macro and
   a function.

#811859  berkeley-express

  - requires static_cast<bool> on the shared pointer

#811866 hyphy

  - Closed upstream?

#811893 swarm-cluster

  - Needs knowledge with inline assembler

#812031 prime-phylo

  - could be worked around by forcing to -std=c++98 in the maintainer
    cxxflags (probably be best solution, because the use of constexpr
    might require forcing c++11, and upstream might not yet want
    that).

I think I'll look into #811702 and #811859  the next few days.

Best,
Gert

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=debian-med-pack
aging@lists.alioth.debian.org;tag=ftbfs-gcc-6;users=debian-