Re: About backports.

Hi Afif,

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 11:59:36PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> > That's a brilliant idea!  I've just thrown this idea on the breakfast
> > table here at DebConf and everybody likes it a lot!
>
> :)
> >
> > Please get a DD soon! ;-)
>
> I'd love to; should I go ahead and start NM while my DM application is
> waiting?

I admit I have no idea.  I never made the process that way - when I
entered Debian in 1998 it was about answering a phone call. ;-)

My gut feeling says it will not speed up things since as far as I know
you need to become a DM first.  But I'm sitting around with people from
New Maintainer frontdesk and will ask and let you know.

> > I'd be really happy if you would work on this
>
> I can start looking into implementing of this system.

Lets see what happens first.  You become a DD or this system is working.
;-)

> Thanks and regards

Thanks to you