Re: pysam and samtools stuck in unstable

Hi, Charles,

On الأحد  9 آب 2015 15:11, Charles Plessy wrote:
> since we are far from the next stable release, I would not worry too much for
> the absence of samtools 1.2 in testing at the moment.

Like you indicated, that's not the only concern. On behalf of stable
release users, I think making a recent version of samtools available in
stable-backports is important-- I think the backports repository is a
huge reason why Debian stable is usable for everyday purposes (and it's
the main reason why I switched to Debian from Ubuntu for my own machines).

> Samtools 1.3 will be buildable on i386, so you need to consider the tradeoff
> between backporting the fixes from 1.3 to 1.2, or working on other issues and
> just wait for the upstream release of samtools 1.3.

If that's the case, waiting for 1.3 sounds reasonable. Thanks for
clarifying that.

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--