Re: pysam and samtools stuck in unstable

Le Sun, Aug 09, 2015 at 01:08:44PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui a écrit :

> I see that pysam has still not migrated to testing. It looks like this
> is the case because it doesn't have a build for i386 [1], which is
> because the samtools 1.2 dependency is not successfully built for i386 [2].

Hi Afif,

since we are far from the next stable release, I would not worry too much for
the absence of samtools 1.2 in testing at the moment.

Presence in testing is essential for:

 - being part of the next Debian stable release,
 - being allowed to upload to stable-backports.

Samtools 1.3 will be buildable on i386, so you need to consider the tradeoff
between backporting the fixes from 1.3 to 1.2, or working on other issues and
just wait for the upstream release of samtools 1.3.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan