Re: mips/mipsel in samtools and pysam

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 05:24:38AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Why not just patiently waiting for the next upstream release ?  The htlslib
> packages work very well on amd64, and this is where our work is used.

Yes, but reverse dependencies are currently removed from testing.
Bringing them back to testing is my main motivation.  Thus specifying a
positive list for samtools that should be revised for next upstream
seems to be the most sensible thing to do for me if the effort of
backporting is to high.

> An please do not take this comment negatively: if people can do more that is
> great, but at the moment, with my reduced free time and an intensely stressful
> job, I am not even in a position to participate to such an effort occasionally.

Perfectly understood and no offense taken.