Re: finalizing pysam 0.8.3 (was: Trying to run build time tests using nosetest for python-pysam)

Hi, Andreas,

On الأربعاء 22 تـمـوز 2015 21:55, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> Maybe we should send the test log upstream to see if there is a solution
>> available.
>
> Good idea.  I had debugging switched on to support this.  Do you have
> contact to upstream anyway and would take over this?

Yes, I can do that.

>>> In any case I think we should try to bring back the separate tests
>>> package (whatever name it might get) and find a way to run the tests
>>> since IMHO this is the way to ensure that the modules are running
>>> properly.
>>>
>>> Any opinions?
>>
>> The autopkgtests ran properly the way I had configured it (besides the
>> problem with multiarch renaming).
>
> May be we ignore this multiarch thing for the moment and discuss it with
> Debian Python team while users (and dependencies) could at least profit
> from an updated python-pysam.
>
>> Do you mean to put back the configuration
>> where the autopkgtest runner depends on a separate python-pysam-tests
>> package? In order to upload soon, I suggest that we put back the tests
>> package for the user, but keep autopkgtest independent of it in order to
>> work with Debian CI.
>
> Yes.  Keeping the test package has the additional advantage that it does
> not need another passing the new queue. :-)
>
> OK, since this is solved now I would be really happy if you could
> finalise it in the sense above.  This leaves me time to help on the
> medical imaging side where also some autoremovals are pending.

No problem.

> PS: Hope your DM application will be accepted soon.  I just have sended
>     my ACK.

Thanks for your prompt advocacy :) I was able to quickly send the
jetring changeset afterwards. I think I'm all done from my side and just
have to wait now.

Regards
Afif

--