Re: Trying to run build time tests using nosetest for python-pysam

Hi Afif,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 06:46:05PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> >The errors on Python 3 are ignored for the moment but I wonder
> >whether we could find some fixes for these as well.
>
> Maybe we should send the test log upstream to see if there is a solution
> available.

Good idea.  I had debugging switched on to support this.  Do you have
contact to upstream anyway and would take over this?

> >In any case I think we should try to bring back the separate tests
> >package (whatever name it might get) and find a way to run the tests
> >since IMHO this is the way to ensure that the modules are running
> >properly.
> >
> >Any opinions?
>
> The autopkgtests ran properly the way I had configured it (besides the
> problem with multiarch renaming).

May be we ignore this multiarch thing for the moment and discuss it with
Debian Python team while users (and dependencies) could at least profit
from an updated python-pysam.

> Do you mean to put back the configuration
> where the autopkgtest runner depends on a separate python-pysam-tests
> package? In order to upload soon, I suggest that we put back the tests
> package for the user, but keep autopkgtest independent of it in order to
> work with Debian CI.

Yes.  Keeping the test package has the additional advantage that it does
not need another passing the new queue. :-)

> I think debugging the original configuration would push
> us over the autoremoval deadline. Let me know what you think. I have some
> time to work on the package this week. In fact, I spent some unsuccessful
> hours two days ago trying to get the build-time testing to work.

OK, since this is solved now I would be really happy if you could
finalise it in the sense above.  This leaves me time to help on the
medical imaging side where also some autoremovals are pending.

PS: Hope your DM application will be accepted soon.  I just have sended
    my ACK.