Re: Trying to run build time tests using nosetest for python-pysam

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 07:48:20PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > In any case, I have reviewed the test logs again (from the working
> > test-runner configuration). The only failure for the python-pysam package is
> > the compile test-- which looks to be due to the multiarch issue you pointed
> > out. The python3-pysam package has about 37 failures. Most of those look
> > like problems with the python2->python3 transition. See also the upstream
> > bug at https://github.com/pysam-developers/pysam/issues/141
>
> OK, thanks for your research about this.  IMHO we should try to run the
> tests also at package build time - but I'm lost and have no idea how to
> approach this. :-(

I have now commited a rules file that runs Python 2 tests successfully -
and IMHO only this is a proper fix for #763218.  The latest upload with
the new upstream version just left out the testing (which for sure can't
fail).  The errors on Python 3 are ignored for the moment but I wonder
whether we could find some fixes for these as well.

In any case I think we should try to bring back the separate tests
package (whatever name it might get) and find a way to run the tests
since IMHO this is the way to ensure that the modules are running
properly.

Any opinions?