Re: Trying to run build time tests using nosetest for python-pysam

Hi, Andreas,

On الأربعاء 22 تـمـوز 2015 13:30, Andreas Tille wrote:
I have now commited a rules file that runs Python 2 tests successfully -
and IMHO only this is a proper fix for #763218.  The latest upload with
the new upstream version just left out the testing (which for sure can't
fail).

Sorry about that. There was no build-time testing when I started working on the package and I didn't question why since it looked like the package had to be installed for testing to work (as was indicated by the comments in debian/rules). I thought that bug report was about the particular issues mentioned there that caused the tests to fail and believed those to be resolved by the latest upstream release.

The errors on Python 3 are ignored for the moment but I wonder
whether we could find some fixes for these as well.

Maybe we should send the test log upstream to see if there is a solution available.

In any case I think we should try to bring back the separate tests
package (whatever name it might get) and find a way to run the tests
since IMHO this is the way to ensure that the modules are running
properly.

Any opinions?

The autopkgtests ran properly the way I had configured it (besides the problem with multiarch renaming). Do you mean to put back the configuration where the autopkgtest runner depends on a separate python-pysam-tests package? In order to upload soon, I suggest that we put back the tests package for the user, but keep autopkgtest independent of it in order to work with Debian CI. I think debugging the original configuration would push us over the autoremoval deadline. Let me know what you think. I have some time to work on the package this week. In fact, I spent some unsuccessful hours two days ago trying to get the build-time testing to work.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي