Re: [MoM] Re: ITP: r-cran-igraph -- GNU R package for igraph

Hi Alba,

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 11:56:28AM +0100, Alba Crespi wrote:
> > Aaaarg, for sure that's OK.  My bad!  Git-buildpackage recently changed
> > its interface and droped the deprecated "git" in favour of consistently
> > using gbp.  I had assumed that I changed every occurance in the policy
> > but I did not and even worse copied it blindly.  Sorry for this - its
> > fixed now.
>
> Excellent!

Hmm, well, I'd call this rather stupid than excellent ... but I know
what you mean. ;-)

> > > Sorry, I'm not sure what exactly I have to push?
> >
> > git push --all --set-upstream
> > git push --tags

Pristine-tar branch arrived in the remote repository and I'm now able
to `gbp buildpackage`.

> > 18:56:30

> > > done

> > any
> > >
> > > Ok, deleted it. (When I was doing this, I followed the instructions on
> > the
> > > debian-med web page)

> > > Drop it.
> >
> > Fine.  I guess if you push for pristine-tar I will be able to see all
> > this.

Hmmm, I can not see these changes in the repository.  Master remains at

$ git log
commit 1d325dd0667ab3111501693ef4d9428b49c05301
Author: Alba Crespi <crespialba+debian@gmail.com>
Date:   Tue May 12 16:13:29 2015 +0100

    Imported Debian patch 1.0-4-3

> > Just `git push`.
> >

> I'd like to also comment that when I reproduce all the steps for another
> package, r-cran-nnls, it gives me different errors. The first ones is this:
>
> gbp import-orig --pristine-tar ~/r-cran-nnls/

I think this should rather be

   gbp import-orig --pristine-tar  <path_to>/r-cran-nnls_1.4.orig.tar.gz

> What will be the source package name? [] r-cran-nnls
> What is the upstream version? [] 1.4
> gbp:error: The orig tarball contains .git metadata - giving up.

Seems you pointed import-orig not to the orig.tar.gz *file* but rather
to the git repository where the tarball should be imported into (which
for sure contains a .git dir.

> Oh, and another curious thing that happened and I don't understand why, I
> reproduced all the steps once more and worked, any ideas of why now and not
> before? To be honest I didn't do anything conciously different...
> And apparently nnls, maybe there is not everything in git? or at least not
> that I see?

No, just a usual tarball from cran as far as I can see.

> And I can't see where is the new version of r-cran-fastmatch.

I can't parse this, sorry.  Please commit and push the changes you did
and I'll have a look.