Re: ITP: r-cran-igraph -- GNU R package for igraph

[I think I have warned you that I would move private mails to our team
 list and I take the freedom to do so here since the content is not
 really private and deserves updating in public.  I hope you don't mind.
 Using the address that is the ITP owner might help you sorting this
 mail properly.]

Hi Alba,

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 04:08:02PM +0100, Alba Crespi wrote:
> Sorry for not answering you before, but until this week I was quite busy.

Fair enough - no problem for me.

> This week I was working again with the debian packaging.
>
> First of all I would like to thank you for the igraph package, it seems
> working fine!

You are welcome.

> So, so far I started with the phangorn dependencies that weren't in debian
> (r-cran-fastmatch and r-cran-nnls) and I have uploaded to the debian
> mentors. And I am currently waiting for sponsor. I don't know if this
> should be part of the debian Med as well?

While these packages are not really medicine specific we usually also
maintain the necessary preconditions.  This helps us using all our
quality assurance tools and help to respond quickly.  For instance if a
team member might notice that a package needs to be updated it happens
that it is just done.  If you remain a single maintainer this goes
unnoticed.  For instance r-cran-igraph is a similar example why it is in
the Debian Med team.

So there are quite good reasons (I could give even more) to stick to the
team maintenance and I have a personal policy to sponsor only team
maintained packages (and I have also good reasons for it).  And I also
sponsor from the team VCS rather than mentors.  So while uploading to
mentors is OK but not required.  But if you want to get the packages
sponsored by a Debian Med team member please commit to our VCS.  If you
need any help how to do this we will luckily help you approaching this.

> An I guess that soon I will also have the r-cran-phangorn package ready. My
> question is if I should upload it in debian mentors as I did with the other
> two or should I do something different for becoming part of debian Med?

As I wrote below I have just added you to the Alioth team.  This grants
you commit permissions to Git and SVN.  Our team policy

   https://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

should have sufficient description how to work with these repositories.

If not ... please ask here and we try to sort out any problem as quick
as possible.

Kind regards and thanks for working on these packages