Re: [MoM] Re: kmer-tools

Hi Afif,

On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 11:14:39PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> >    https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata
>
> Done.

:-)

> >>Oh, perfect. I will do this next.
> >
> >OK.
> >

> I worked on this a little, but I'm not done with it yet. Am I
> correct in that your script parses the changelog for the version
> stem, appends to it, and then puts it back in the changelog?

The changelog is not touched (you need to do this manually).  It always
fetches the last SVN.  This is a *temporary* solution and upstream
confirmed that a proper release tarball will be done.  Once this has
happened I switch to "normal" behavior and fetch the source via uscan
(by deprecating the script).

> I also need to consider whether I should always fetch the latest
> snapshot. So far, I've been going with the snapshot that matches
> what's bundled with wgs-assembler.

So you need to adapt the script by fixing the SVN revision to what you
need instead of detecting the last available.  The script obviously does
not fit all use cases and was rather an example what would be possible
than what you should actually implement.

> >I added the [MoM] tag to the subject and mentioned the project on the
> >MoM page.
>
> I see. Now it's official.

:-)

> >Looking forward to work together with you
>
> Same here
>
> Many thanks and regards

You are welcome