Re: kmer-tools

Hi, Andreas,

On الجمعـة  1 أيار 2015 23:28, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Afif,

I noticed that you commited kmer-tools to Git which is in line with what
we agreed upon.  When looking at the debian/ dir you injected in Git it
becomes obvioua that you used dh-make with all its boilerplates.  While
you are free to use this dealing with all the outdated stuff in dh-make
and adapting it to what we usually use in Debian Med is to my experience
way more work as for instance starting either from an existing Debian
Med package (wgs-assembler itself comes to mind) or as suggested in the
Debian Med policy simply start with

   svn export svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template debian

Ah, I had this very section of the debian med policy open in front of me. For some reason, I didn't see that line in the middle that links to this template. I just went to the new maintainer's guide and then to git-build-package documentation. Both advised dh_make.

So while you are free to keep on with the dh-make template you might
have a close look into this and decide what might be less work to reach
your goal.

I will push my latest work and check it out. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Hope this helps

Very much

Thanks and regards
Afif