Re: [MoM] Re: kmer-tools

Hi, Andreas,

On الثلاثاء  5 أيار 2015 02:35, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Afif,

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 07:00:20PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
Well, if you have strong reasons like these I will not stop you from
modularising the packaging.  If there are good chances that users might
want to use only parts of kmer - than my hint was possibly not the best
(since I do not know the source).  Please do whatever you consider
sensible from a users point of view.  It was just unusual to what we
are usually doing - but not necessarily wrong in this specific case.

Yes, some of these tools are described in their own scientific
publications.

This makes a good point for modularisation in principle.  But as said
before we might delay this to some later point in time (at your
preference).  Regarding publications:  Would you mind adding them in
a debian/upstream/metadata file?  Here is an example how you can
specify more than one publication:

    https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/rostlab/disulfinder/trunk/debian/upstream/metadata?view=markup

Here you can find the definition of the format:

    https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata

Done.

The idea behind specifying publications is to do upstream some favour
(that they deserve anyway) and by doing so making them more willing to
cooperate with us.  You can see lots of such citations on the Debian Med
tasks pages and by simply adding these metadata it will be displayed
there.

Yes, it's very nice.

In your specific situation it might be important to note that currently
we only display *one* publication per *binary package*.  So from this
point of view it might really make sense to split up the package
(later).

Ok

[...]
For the moment (and if upstream might ignore your request) please add a
get-orig-source target to debian/rules.  You might like to check out

    Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/mauve.git

as an example where I basically did the same.

Oh, perfect. I will do this next.

OK.

I worked on this a little, but I'm not done with it yet. Am I correct in that your script parses the changelog for the version stem, appends to it, and then puts it back in the changelog?

I also need to consider whether I should always fetch the latest snapshot. So far, I've been going with the snapshot that matches what's bundled with wgs-assembler.

Great. The package I proposed for MoM is a server/hpc cluster
application. I hope it will be manageable.

I hope we can manage all things - if not in one month you at least can
be guided on the right track to finalise the package.  For the first MoM
project we took way longer but finally there was a package.

I added the [MoM] tag to the subject and mentioned the project on the
MoM page.

I see. Now it's official.

Looking forward to work together with you

Same here

Many thanks and regards
Afif

--