Re: [MoM] dwv

Thanks Andreas, I was on the wrong path! I was trying things that were not appropriate.
I updated to your changes, updated the changelog, added a gbp.conf and a git-pbuilder script as per Med Policy.

Now, this is what I get when I run 'git-buildpackage':

W: /home/yves/.pbuilderrc does not exist
I: using cowbuilder as pbuilder
dpkg-buildpackage: source package dwv-orthanc-plugin
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.3.1-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution UNRELEASED
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Yves <ivmartel@gmail.com>
 dpkg-source -i.git -I.git --before-build dwv-orthanc-plugin
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh clean
   dh_testdir
   dh_auto_clean
   dh_clean
 dpkg-source -i.git -I.git -b dwv-orthanc-plugin
dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building dwv-orthanc-plugin using existing ./dwv-orthanc-plugin_0.3.1.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: building dwv-orthanc-plugin in dwv-orthanc-plugin_0.3.1-1.debian.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: building dwv-orthanc-plugin in dwv-orthanc-plugin_0.3.1-1.dsc
 dpkg-genchanges -S >../dwv-orthanc-plugin_0.3.1-1_source.changes
dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
 dpkg-source -i.git -I.git --after-build dwv-orthanc-plugin
dpkg-buildpackage: full upload (original source is included)
 -> Copying COW directory
  forking: rm -rf /var/cache/pbuilder/build//cow.23658
  forking: cp -al /var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow /var/cache/pbuilder/build//cow.23658
cp: cannot stat '/var/cache/pbuilder/base.cow': No such file or directory
Failed cowcopy.
gbp:error: Couldn't run '~/bin/git-pbuilder': ~/bin/git-pbuilder returned 1

I hope I did not skip a policy again!
Best

On 15 March 2015 at 20:30, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Yves,

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 08:02:04PM +0100, Yves wrote:
> I tried following the steps to update the code described in:
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/update.en.html#newupstream
> but couldn’t succeed, uupdate failing because it did not find files.

What exactly failed and what error message did you got?

I did

    uscan --verbose
    git import-orig --pristine-tar ../dwv-orthanc-plugin_0.3.1.orig.tar.gz
    git push --all
    git push --tags

This went fine.

> Are
> these steps for already published packages? Should I try to follow them or
> is a manual copy ok?

What exactly have you done?  After the steps some

    dch

and than edit the version manually should do the job.

> In the meantime, I modified the code manually and tried to 'debuild' it. It

While debuild is OK a pdebuild using a recent unstable chroot should be
the method of choice.  You should follow the Debian Med policy to setup
git-buildpackage to use pbuilder.

> builds ok but I now run into lintian errors about the _javascript_ code:
> 'source is missing'! Do I need to beautify it?

In Debian minimized _javascript_ files are considered as "binary without
source".  I think the orthanc package provides examples how to deal with
this.

Hope this helps - feel free to ask for more details