Re: [MoM] dwv

Hi Yves,

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 08:02:04PM +0100, Yves wrote:
> I tried following the steps to update the code described in:
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/update.en.html#newupstream
> but couldn’t succeed, uupdate failing because it did not find files.

What exactly failed and what error message did you got?

I did

    uscan --verbose
    git import-orig --pristine-tar ../dwv-orthanc-plugin_0.3.1.orig.tar.gz
    git push --all
    git push --tags

This went fine.

> Are
> these steps for already published packages? Should I try to follow them or
> is a manual copy ok?

What exactly have you done?  After the steps some

    dch

and than edit the version manually should do the job.

> In the meantime, I modified the code manually and tried to 'debuild' it. It

While debuild is OK a pdebuild using a recent unstable chroot should be
the method of choice.  You should follow the Debian Med policy to setup
git-buildpackage to use pbuilder.

> builds ok but I now run into lintian errors about the javascript code:
> 'source is missing'! Do I need to beautify it?

In Debian minimized JavaScript files are considered as "binary without
source".  I think the orthanc package provides examples how to deal with
this.

Hope this helps - feel free to ask for more details