Re: [MoM] dwv

Hi Andreas,

* I pushed everything this time (all, upstream, tags)
* I added the debian folder using: svn export svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template debian
* I updated the watch file, changelog and control
* 'uscan --verbose --report' runs ok apart for some warning about the changelog:

-- Scanning for watchfiles in .
parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l5): badly formatted trailer line
LINE:  -- DMPT <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>  `date -R`
parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l5): found eof where expected more change data or trailer
-- Found watchfile in ./debian
-- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
   https://github.com/ivmartel/dwv-orthanc-plugin/releases .*/archive/v(\d[\d.-]+)\.(?:tar(?:\.gz|\.bz2)?|tgz)
-- Found the following matching hrefs:
     /ivmartel/dwv-orthanc-plugin/archive/v0.3.0.tar.gz (0.3.0)
     /ivmartel/dwv-orthanc-plugin/archive/v0.2.0.tar.gz (0.2.0)
     /ivmartel/dwv-orthanc-plugin/archive/v0.1.1.tar.gz (0.1.1)
     /ivmartel/dwv-orthanc-plugin/archive/v0.1.0.tar.gz (0.1.0)
Newest version on remote site is 0.3.0, local version is 0.3.0
 => Package is up to date
-- Scan finished

* I committed and pushed the changes on master
* but 'git buildpackage' fails:

parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l5): badly formatted trailer line
LINE:  -- DMPT <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>  `date -R`
parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l5): found eof where expected more change data or trailer
 dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -i -I
parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l5): badly formatted trailer line
LINE:  -- DMPT <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>  `date -R`
parsechangelog/debian: warning:     debian/changelog(l5): found eof where expected more change data or trailer
dpkg-buildpackage: error: unable to determine source changed by
dpkg-buildpackage: source package dwv-orthanc-plugin
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 0.3.0-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source distribution UNRELEASED
debuild: fatal error at line 1364:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -i -I failed
gbp:error: Couldn't run 'debuild -i -I': debuild -i -I returned 29

Sorry if I went too fast last time, I'll try to stick to the doc from now!

On 12 March 2015 at 08:40, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Yves,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 11:53:13PM +0100, Yves wrote:
> Getting there...
> * ssh is all set,
> * I created the repository (
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/dwv-orthanc-plugin.git) using the
> setup-repository script,

OK, fine.

> * I had troubles with uscan and the watch file, uscan stops, complaining
> about the missing changelog file so I downloaded the tar.gz manually from
> github,

I checked policy and perhaps it is not the proper sequence when it is
suggested to do

  svn export svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template debian

This gives you a template for a changelog file where you just need to
adjust the package name (and you also need to adjust the source package
name in debian/control.

> * I ran a: git import-orig --pristine-tar
> /path/to/dwv-orthanc-plugin-0.3.0.tar.gz
> * and pushed it all on the server

I think you just pushed master.  The policy document suggests to use

  git push --all --set-upstream
  git push --tags

This pushes all branches and tags which are created by `git import-orig`.

> So what's next?

Next is to create the debian/ dir and I strongly recommend to use the
package template you can fetch as described above.  Please also verify
that

    uscan --verbose --report

at least reports your upstream versions to make sure the watch file is
functional.

The next step is to adapt d/control and may be d/rules (if needed) and
than try

    git-buildpackage

Feel free to ask for more detailed advise if policy is not clear about
the single steps.

Hope this helps