Re: [MoM] dwv

Hi Yves,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 11:53:13PM +0100, Yves wrote:
> Getting there...
> * ssh is all set,
> * I created the repository (
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-med/dwv-orthanc-plugin.git) using the
> setup-repository script,

OK, fine.

> * I had troubles with uscan and the watch file, uscan stops, complaining
> about the missing changelog file so I downloaded the tar.gz manually from
> github,

I checked policy and perhaps it is not the proper sequence when it is
suggested to do

  svn export svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template debian

This gives you a template for a changelog file where you just need to
adjust the package name (and you also need to adjust the source package
name in debian/control.

> * I ran a: git import-orig --pristine-tar
> /path/to/dwv-orthanc-plugin-0.3.0.tar.gz
> * and pushed it all on the server

I think you just pushed master.  The policy document suggests to use

  git push --all --set-upstream
  git push --tags

This pushes all branches and tags which are created by `git import-orig`.

> So what's next?

Next is to create the debian/ dir and I strongly recommend to use the
package template you can fetch as described above.  Please also verify
that

    uscan --verbose --report

at least reports your upstream versions to make sure the watch file is
functional.

The next step is to adapt d/control and may be d/rules (if needed) and
than try

    git-buildpackage

Feel free to ask for more detailed advise if policy is not clear about
the single steps.

Hope this helps