camitk vs. mitk vs. slicer?

Hi,

I'm about to dive into a small surgical planning project that will use some
ITK algorithms (e.g. vesselness) and require visualization.  For rapid
prototyping the application, what is recommended today?  I have used slicer in
the past, though not for prototyping, and I've vaguely heard of mitk (never
used it).  Neither of them are in Debian at the moment.  However, I discovered
camitk by searching for the mitk packages.  :-)

How do the three compare?  Which is recommended for RP?

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks,
-Steve