Re: ImageJ plugin for Orthanc

Hi Sebastien,

sorry for my silence for longer than usual.  I'm recovering slowly from
my vacation (basically for the sake of OpenStreetMap work after the trip
;-)).

On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 10:16:57AM +0100, Sebastien Jodogne wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> >thanks for your work but can you please commit to SVN as you did with
> >orthanc.  There is no point in sending code that belongs to VCS via
> >mail.
>
> Sorry for the corrupted mail, I thought I was not allowed to create
> new packages into the SVN. I have just managed to push the initial
> version of the "orthanc-imagej" package [1].
>
> I have tested the build against chroot and lintian, and everything
> seems OK. Let me know whether something should be fixed.

I had a look into the package.  It builds fine and is lintian clean and
I simply assume that it is working (I have no idea how I could
personally test).  However, the source contains a code copy of the
package

   libjson-simple-java

which should be avoided.  Could you imagine to rather "link" (I think
linking is not the proper term in the Java world) against this library
rather than using the code copy.  I'm quite confident that you can get
help for this at debian-java@lists.debian.org.  To be really sure that
the code copy is not used I'd recommend to use Files-Excluded in
d/copyright.

Feel free to ask if something remains unclear and please be patient
with my slow response time.