Re: Task for MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) development

Hi Ghislain,

thanks for your effort.

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 06:28:11PM +0000, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> > >    First of, does it sound silly ?
> >
> > not all

+1
On the contrary it sounds really in line what we are doing.

> > What would you call the task?  what software would you like to list
> > there?  If to make just MRI specific task -- not sure.
> >

> There is indeed already a large collection of MRI tools in both imaging and
> imaging-devel. I should have checked first. Then, I guess a specific task
> for MRI is not really needed.

Perhaps it makes more sense to split the imaging task a bit.  Also a
subset of the imaging task could be helpful for users.  We are doing
this in the general bio task as well where for instance bio-ngs is a
subset for next generation sequencing.  The principle is that anything
that might be useful for users should be done.

> > As for the packaging discussion  place -- debian-med mailing list would
> > indeed be a good venue ;)
> >
> Noted. I'll keep that in mind for my next contributions.

:-)

Since I sponsored quite some package of yours I wonder whether you might
consider some of them good fits for the imaging and imaging-dev task.
It does not matter in what team a package is maintained - anything can
be put in our tasks files.