Re: ImageJ plugin for Orthanc

Hi Andreas,

> sorry for my silence for longer than usual.  I'm recovering slowly
> from
> my vacation (basically for the sake of OpenStreetMap work after the
> trip
> ;-)).

:)

> I had a look into the package.  It builds fine and is lintian clean
> and
> I simply assume that it is working (I have no idea how I could
> personally test).  However, the source contains a code copy of the
> package
>
>    libjson-simple-java

I hadn't spotted this Debian package!

> which should be avoided.  Could you imagine to rather "link" (I think
> linking is not the proper term in the Java world) against this
> library
> rather than using the code copy.

I see 2 possibilities at this point:
(a) Build-Depends (without Depends) on libjson-simple-java and "merge" the content of its JAR into the orthanc-imagej package during the build, or
(b) Build-Depends + Depends on libjson-simple-json, and modify ImageJ's internal CLASSPATH to point to the libsjon-simple-java's JAR.

I do see how to implement option (a) by myself, but not option (b), as it involves patching a configuration file during installation/removal. Do you think that option (a) is sufficient wrt. Debian package policy?

Thanks,
Sébastien-