Re: ARB 6.0 released

    >> - We add some stuff to rules so that version numbering is done
    >>   right for us

    Andr> I don't understand what you mean here - but if you do not want
    Andr> to spent your time in explaining more deeply that's also fine.

We need to include a Qlustar-specific Makefile snippet in debian/rules
and sometimes change the dh_gencontrol line. We also have to patch the
dpkg-dev and devscript packages for this (auto-generating the correct
package version) to work.

    >> - We add some stuff to copyright to indicate that we've modified
    >> something
    >> - We have additional qlustar-only build dependencies in control
    >>   (mostly
    >> a single qlustar package)
    >> - We don't use git-build-package, but our own scripts to build

    Andr> OK.  Just always keep in mind that if you think we could
    Andr> enhance something upstream (=Debian is upstream for your
    Andr> derivative) we would like to hear about this. :-)

I do and will let you know, if that's the case. Currently our scripts
are not generic, so no use for Debian. Note that we actually do use
git-build-package to test stuff, before we commit upstream.

All the best,

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com
          --- HPC / Storage / Cloud Linux Cluster OS ---