Re: ARB 6.0 released

Hi Roland,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 12:52:56PM +0200, rf@q-leap.de wrote:

> Not very interesting stuff. Mainly the following:
> - We use different version numbers (always adding a ql.?+<distro
>   codename>), e.g. 1.6.5-ql.1+trusty_amd64.deb

Sensible.

> - We add some stuff to rules so that version numbering is done right for
>   us

I don't understand what you mean here - but if you do not want to
spent your time in explaining more deeply that's also fine.

> - We add some stuff to copyright to indicate that we've modified
>   something
> - We have additional qlustar-only build dependencies in control (mostly
>   a single qlustar package)
> - We don't use git-build-package, but our own scripts to build

OK.  Just always keep in mind that if you think we could enhance
something upstream (=Debian is upstream for your derivative) we
would like to hear about this. :-)

>     Andr> Well, a vote is a vote (in terms if the package is considered
>     Andr> useful or not). :-)
>
> Got it :)

:-)

Thanks for the explanation