Re: [MoM] Pristine Tar Updated and Uploaded

Le Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 11:34:08AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 05:42:25PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Le Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 08:38:24AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> > >
> > > The problem in my eyes is that debcheckout only works for just uploaded
> > > packages.  In MoM we usually are dealing with not yet uploaded packages
> > > and MoM students get the policy as main document at their hand.  So
> > > there is definitely a hole in our documentation that should be closed.
> >
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > just as a side note, and not to prevent from documenting alternatives: debcheckout
> > also works with URLs.
> >
> > $ debcheckout --git-track='*' git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/bwa.git
>
> Ahh, OK.  Prehaps I ignored this since the advantage of not needing to
> remember the URL is lost in this case I was ignoring this.  I also tend
> to forget options like "--git-track='*'" since I always expect something
> to work "sensible" (whatever sensible might mean, in this case track
> "everything I need") without specifying extra options.

Hi all,

I have updated our group Policy; please let me know if other modifications
would be advisable.

Here is the content of http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#source

To check the sources of a package (referred as <package> below) in our
repositories, use the debcheckout command, from the devscripts package.

If you are a member of Debian Med or a Debian developer, with account name
<username>, you have write permission.

If the package is already in the archive:

debcheckout --user <username> --git-track '*' <package>

For draft packages that are only on Alioth:

debcheckout --user <username> git://git.debian.org/debian-med/<package>.git --git-track '*'

For packages managed with Git, the option --git-track ensures that the clone
has all the branches tracked. This is needed when using the git-buildpackage
helper. Alternatively to debcheckout, the command gbp-clone will also track the
relevant branches:

gbp-clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/<package>.git

For read-only access with debcheckout, remove the --user option. With
gbp-clone, use an anonymous URL like the following:

gbp-clone git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/<package>.git

Cheers,

--
Charles