Re: [MoM] Pristine Tar Updated and Uploaded

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 10:12:21PM -0700, Ian Wallace wrote:
> Andreas - I think I didn't understand exactly what git import-orig was
> doing originally.  I had to initially checkout the master, upstream, and
> pristine-tar branch before the command would work (I guess you need to have
> a local copy ... it won't just work on the remote copy).

The best way to get a valid clone is to use

   gbp-clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/openemr.git

This will give you *all* needed branches.  I just realised that this is
not documented in our policy (which is bad - I'm a bit to tired today to fix
it ... I'd be happy if any volunteer would beat me in injecting this)

> I tried to import it with:
>  iankarlwallace@debian-dev:~/alioth/openemr-4.1.2p7$ git import-orig
> --pristine-tar ../openemr_4.1.2p7+dfsg.orig.tar.gz
> What is the upstream version? [4.1.2p7+dfsg]
> gbp:info: Importing '../openemr_4.1.2p7+dfsg.orig.tar.gz' to branch
> 'upstream'...
> gbp:info: Source package is openemr
> gbp:info: Upstream version is 4.1.2p7+dfsg
> warning: pristine-gz cannot reproduce build of
> ../openemr_4.1.2p7+dfsg.orig.tar.gz; storing 65% size diff in delta
> (Please consider filing a bug report so the delta size can be improved.)
> pristine-tar: committed openemr_4.1.2p7+dfsg.orig.tar.gz.delta to branch
> pristine-tar
> gbp:info: Merging to 'master'
> gbp:info: Successfully imported version 4.1.2p7+dfsg of
> ../openemr_4.1.2p7+dfsg.orig.tar.gz
> iankarlwallace@debian-dev:~/alioth/openemr-4.1.2p7$
>
> Not sure what is the meaning of "storing 65% size of diff in delta" maybe
> there's too many changes with the removal for the phpmyadmin code.

I admit I have no idea.

> I will re-compress in the future with xz compression instead of gz.  Didn't
> know it did a better job.

OK.

> iankarlwallace@debian-dev:~/alioth/openemr-4.1.2p7$ git push --all
> Counting objects: 7, done.
> Compressing objects: 100% (6/6), done.
> Writing objects:  57% (4/7), 11.54 MiB | 66.00 KiB/s
> Writing objects: 100% (7/7), 25.99 MiB | 66.00 KiB/s, done.
> Total 7 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: Sending notification emails to:
> debian-med-commit@lists.alioth.debian.org
> remote: Sending notification emails to:
> debian-med-commit@lists.alioth.debian.org
> remote: Sending notification emails to:
> debian-med-commit@lists.alioth.debian.org
> To git+ssh://
> iankarlwallace-guest@scm.alioth.debian.org/git/debian-med/openemr.git
>    e3fec2a..06814f7  master -> master
>    8d6b7ff..3b307ef  pristine-tar -> pristine-tar
>    eb4caa9..a1289d0  upstream -> upstream

Looks good.

> Hopefully you can know attempt a build.

Yes, this works now.  Good job!

> Lintian still complains about a
> *lot* of things but picking them off one at a time.  So if I get this
> correct each time I get a new tar from upstream I have to do this same
> process.  1) Download the upstream tar, 2) create the orig.tar.xz using the
> mk-origtargz command, 3) import to git with git-import-orig --pristine-tar,
> 4) commit all the changes in master, upstream, pristine-tar.

That's the correct procedure.

> Back to fixing lintian issues.

Thanks for your brave work on this since nobody else in the team would
have the time + patience for this.  It is really appreciated.  Just keep
on working on this and don't mind that the "MoM month" is now ended.  I'm
really happy to keep on supporting your work as best as I can