Re: [MoM] incorporating phyutility into the packages

Hi Andreas,

> So far for the syntactical things in the manpage, but there is some
> missing content.  The DESCRIPTION section is somehow suboptimal and you
> are refering to "the documentation" - but where is this.  At least not
> in the package and thus a link would be helpful.  Please also provide a
> simple example since I'm not sure whether I've got the SYNOPSIS correct
> (please also check this).  The goal of the manpage should be to provide
> some quick entry for users or some reminder how to use it after having
> read the extensive docs without forcing them to reread the docs over and
> over.

I believe I have solved these issues and expanded the content to a more
meaningful manpage. I think the synopsis was close but made some edits
and the same for the description. I added some examples and more info
for the commands. I also fixed the documentation bit. Hopefully that
works. Fun editing man pages!

> If the manpage is fixed I will upload the package.  If you are unsure
> about the syntax please just inject the content and remind me to check
> again.

Excellent!

> For future upstream versions I would like you to consider two things:
>
>   1. It might make sense to rely on the maintained jebl2 instead of
>      maintaining a private jebl (otherwise I's recommend to explain
>      your reasons for sticking to jebl in some README to let others
>      understand.
>
>   2. We try to provide unit tests as much as possible (see the current
>      discussion about reproducible science on the Debian Med mailing
>      list).  These could be run at package build time and also later
>      using autopkgtest in an automated process.  So if you could provide
>      such tests this would be really great (independently from the
>      Debian packaging for sure to let others profit from it as well)

Will do.

Take care,
Stephen