Re: location of git repository

Hi Hiram,

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 12:19:37AM -0800, Hiram Clawson wrote:
> For this devian-med project, is it important where the git repository resides
> to maintain the source code for a particular package ?  Can we keep it
> wherever it is convenient for us ?

The source code what we in Debian slang call "upstream source" could be
at any place where we can easily fetch a versioned(!) tarball.  For
instance GitHub supports fetching tarballs from Tags.

For the actual packaging stuff we are insisting on a repository inside
the Debian Med scope as explained in our team policy[1] for various good
reasons.

In what sooftware are you interested in?  Can we help you in packaging
it for official Debian?

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html