Re: I would like to submit a package to debian-med

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Jorge,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 10:15:14AM +0000, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:
> All the files were present but I believe that the permissions on the debian
> files were completely messed up.
> I don't know if you have ever come across this before.

No, sorry.  No idea how this might happen.

No problem.
It is extremely bizarre indeed.
Just to add to that, I actually, manually changed the permissions on the Debian folder to the original ones and pbuilder and even dpkg-buildpackage wouldn't finish.
Anyway, I'm just happy I had committed the package to git before hand.
Thank you for that.

> I have been going through iterations of this and I'm essentially down to
> messages of the type:
>
> W: libsnp-sites1: wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn
> W: libsnp-sites1: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
>
> Talking to Sascha, I understand why these warnings are present.
> I need to register an ITP for snp-sites and once the package is sorted the
> ITP bug needs to be closed.

+1

Cool!

> If I commit my modifications to the debian git repo, would someone have a
> look at the package?

Yes, please commit all your changes soon - otherwise it is hard to
verify the reason of your problem above.

Already done.

> Today is my last day before the Christmas break, but I'll be available on
> this email.

If you are subscribed to the list all should be fine.

I am subscribed.
I will keep an eye out.

I'm submitting the ITP as I write this.

Regards,