Re: I would like to submit a package to debian-med

Hi Jorge,

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 11:31:46AM +0000, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:

> I have submitted my public key to Alioth and I'm trying to clone the
> tux4kids project as described in the Alioth git examples (git-blurb.txt).
> But I keep getting this:

Any specific reason for taking this package as an example and not one
from Debian Med scope?  I personally would prefer an example which
comes closer to my final target.

> js21@builder:~/codebases$ git clone git+ssh://
> jssoares-guest@git.debian.org/git/tux4kids/tuxmath.git
> Cloning into 'tuxmath'...
> The authenticity of host 'git.debian.org (5.153.231.21)' can't be
> established.
> RSA key fingerprint is d7:0b:26:5c:7a:5d:56:40:a9:e0:5d:f4:e1:70:88:bf.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
> Warning: Permanently added 'git.debian.org,5.153.231.21' (RSA) to the list
> of known hosts.
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> Form the above can you see what the problem is?

I'm afraid you are not following our team policy

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

which does not talk about tux4kids ;-) but has a specific section about
how to work with ssh on alioth.debian.org (== git.debian.org).  If you
follow this closely (specifically inspect the link pointing to
wiki.debian.org in this section) you should be able to do a passwordless
login to git.debian.org.  This is the first prerequisite you are needing
so please confirm here that this is working.

Once this is done you might like to try

    gbp-clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/fastx-toolkit.git

as some random example (no idea whether this is the most simple one,
just one I stumbled upon by chance) which probably fits better than
tux4kids.  Please note that I did not used `git clone` but rather
`gbp-clone` which is from git-buildpackage and works more reliably
for me since it makes really sure you get all needed branches.

Hope this helps