Re: I would like to submit a package to debian-med

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Jorge,

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 11:31:46AM +0000, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:

> I have submitted my public key to Alioth and I'm trying to clone the
> tux4kids project as described in the Alioth git examples (git-blurb.txt).
> But I keep getting this:

Any specific reason for taking this package as an example and not one
from Debian Med scope?  I personally would prefer an example which
comes closer to my final target.

No specific reason at all. I was browing for git related documents on Alioth and tux4kids had git documentation with it.

> js21@builder:~/codebases$ git clone git+ssh://
> jssoares-guest@git.debian.org/git/tux4kids/tuxmath.git
> Cloning into 'tuxmath'...
> The authenticity of host 'git.debian.org (5.153.231.21)' can't be
> established.
> RSA key fingerprint is d7:0b:26:5c:7a:5d:56:40:a9:e0:5d:f4:e1:70:88:bf.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
> Warning: Permanently added 'git.debian.org,5.153.231.21' (RSA) to the list
> of known hosts.
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> Form the above can you see what the problem is?

I'm afraid you are not following our team policy

   http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html

which does not talk about tux4kids ;-) but has a specific section about
how to work with ssh on alioth.debian.org (== git.debian.org).  If you
follow this closely (specifically inspect the link pointing to
wiki.debian.org in this section) you should be able to do a passwordless
login to git.debian.org.  This is the first prerequisite you are needing
so please confirm here that this is working.

I see it clearly now.
It's a lot of codumentation and I have to say I did get lost.
I will try this after lunch and will report back.

Once this is done you might like to try

    gbp-clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/fastx-toolkit.git

as some random example (no idea whether this is the most simple one,
just one I stumbled upon by chance) which probably fits better than
tux4kids.  Please note that I did not used `git clone` but rather
`gbp-clone` which is from git-buildpackage and works more reliably
for me since it makes really sure you get all needed branches.

Thank you for letting me know.

Hope this helps

This helps immensely.
Thank you very much for all the informaiton in this email.

Regards,

Jorge