Re: [MoM] ProbABEL packaging

Hi Lennart,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:17:47AM +0100, L.C. Karssen wrote:
> > DEBEXAMPLES:=$(DEBPKGNAME)-examples
> >
> > in the beginning of your rules file and than moving the files around.
> >
> > If you want to check the more general packaging docs the keyword is
> > probably "multi binary packages" (or something like this - I did not
> > checked).
>

> Thanks for these hints. In took me a wile to figure it out, but it
> turned out to be simple. The main missing piece of information was the
> when building multiple binary packages the files get installed in d/tmp
> instead of d/$DEBPKGNAME and then copied during the dh_install phase.

Ahh, well this might be a stumbling stone for beginners.  The good thing
is that you most probably will remember now since you have invested some
time in finding it out. ;-)

> In short and for future reference, this is what I did:
> - Add a section to d/control
> - Create d/$DEBPKGNAME.install listing the directories (from d/tmp) that
> need to go in the main (arch-dependent) package
> - Create d/$DEBPKGNAME-examples.install listing the directories (from
> d/tmp) that need to go in the examples package.
> - Update d/rules; previously my changes were in the
> override_dh_auto_install section, now they're in the override_dh_install
> section (changing the path to $DEBPKGNAME-examples where needed)

Sounds all very reasonable.

> I would have been cool if dh_install, in the case of multiple binary
> packages, would move the files from d/tmp to d/$DEBPKGNAME (etc.) so you
> can more easily see if you indeed listed everything in the .install
> files. Do you know if such an option exists?

man dh_install
/--list-missing
/--fail-missing

> I think with this we are ready for upload, right?

Yes, it is ... and thus it was just uploaded. :-)
Congratulations!

> Maybe a final change
> in d/changelog to replace the UNRELEASED tag?

This is what I usually do (and have done) since this seems logical to
me.  I just commited and tagged.

Thanks for your work on this and if we are lucky ftpmaster might process
your package in the next two weeks so the MoM package will be available
at end of this year.

It was a pleasure to work together with you