Re: [MoM] ProbABEL packaging

Hi Andreas,

On 13-12-13 14:06, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Lennart,
>
> since your last commit probabel builds for me nicely.  I think this is a
> good point in time to create a WNPP bug (using reportbug wnpp).

That's good news! I'll do that probably later today.

> There is also the warning about
>
>  arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 11103kB 91%
>
> After having a look into /usr/share/probabel/examples and
> /usr/share/probabel/tests I think we can clearly see where this comes
> from.  I would split up these both directories into a separate
> `Architecture: all` package.  If the directories might be needed for day
> to day work these should go into probabel-data and probabel should
> depend from this package.

I think it is best to get rid of the tests directory. These are only
used when running make check, so not interesting for the end user. The
data in the examples directory is of interest to the user. If removing
tests is enough, I'll leave it at that. Otherwise I'll try to make a
separate probabel-example package.

Best,

Lennart.

> Alternatively if these are only examples and perhaps a unit test it
> could go into probabel-examples and probabel should only Suggests
> this package.  If the nature of the directories might be really
> different you could put examples into an extra probabel-examples
> package and the tests into probabel-test (or probabel-data).  It
> basically depends from your specific knowledge what might be the
> best solution here.
>
> Hope this helps
>
>       Andreas.

L.C. Karssen
Utrecht
The Netherlands

lennart@karssen.org
http://blog.karssen.org

Stuur mij aub geen Word of Powerpoint bestanden!
Zie http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.nl.html