Re: [MoM] ProbABEL packaging

Hi Lennart,

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 09:10:37AM +0100, L.C. Karssen wrote:
> > :-)
>
> A bit later than planned, but the ITP bug has been filed (#732264).

:-)

> What would be the best way to start a probabel-examples package? Simply
> start from scratch and make sure that I only install the examples? Or is
> there a 'magic' way to do this in the present directory structure?

It is actually no magic but quite simple to create more than one binary
package from one source package.  As I said it might be a good idea to
have a look into similar packages and while people currently tend to Git
our SVN repository has a great advantage since it stores *all* packages
stuff and thus is very simple to browse for examles.  If you check out

    svn checkout svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med

you can cd into it and do:

$ grep "^Package: .*-examples" trunk/packages/*/trunk/debian/control
trunk/packages/activiz.net/trunk/debian/control:Package: activiz.net-examples
trunk/packages/altree/trunk/debian/control:Package: altree-examples
trunk/packages/beast-mcmc/trunk/debian/control:Package: beast-mcmc-examples
trunk/packages/blimps/trunk/debian/control:Package: blimps-examples
trunk/packages/bowtie/trunk/debian/control:Package: bowtie-examples
trunk/packages/cain/trunk/debian/control:Package: cain-examples
trunk/packages/gdpc/trunk/debian/control:Package: gdpc-examples
trunk/packages/igstk/trunk/debian/control:Package: igstk-examples
trunk/packages/insighttoolkit/trunk/debian/control:Package: insighttoolkit4-examples
trunk/packages/invesalius/trunk/debian/control:Package: invesalius-examples
trunk/packages/libsbml/trunk/debian/control:Package: libsbml5-examples
trunk/packages/ltrsift/trunk/debian/control:Package: ltrsift-examples
trunk/packages/meme/trunk/debian/control:Package: meme-examples
trunk/packages/mira/trunk/debian/control:Package: mira-examples
trunk/packages/ssake/trunk/debian/control:Package: ssake-examples
trunk/packages/t-coffee/trunk/debian/control:Package: t-coffee-examples

Now you can do a random pick from what package you might steal+adapt the
code you need (for instance the last one is a simple example).  It is
basically an additional paragraph in the debian/control file - which was
the base of my grep query.  The installation of the files is done by
moving the files into a different subdirectory of debian/ dir.  I'd
recommend something like

DEBEXAMPLES:=$(DEBPKGNAME)-examples

in the beginning of your rules file and than moving the files around.

If you want to check the more general packaging docs the keyword is
probably "multi binary packages" (or something like this - I did not
checked).

Just let me know if you need further hints or a kick start I could
inject right into Git.