Re: [MoM] ProbABEL packaging

Hi Lennart,

On Sun, Dec 08, 2013 at 11:17:19PM +0100, L.C. Karssen wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I followed the steps outlined below, so my first commit of the ProbABEL
> packaging files should have landed in the git repo.
>
> I had a small hiccup when running git push --set-upstream, but when I
> ran the suggested solution it worked:
>    $ git push --set-upstream
>    fatal: The current branch master has no upstream branch.
>    To push the current branch and set the remote as upstream, use
>
>        git push --set-upstream origin master

Seems this has worked since I'm able to rungit-buildpackage.  Please do
not forget

         git push --tags

since no tags are set yet and at least the upstream version should be
tagged.

Regarding your packaging:  In any case you should run

   lintian probabel_0.4.1-1_amd64.changes

and I also recommend using "-I" to get info level warnings.  If you
specify "-i" option you get verbose information about every warning
type.

I guess you might be astonished about

    changelog-should-mention-nmu

which is basically because you did neither adapted changelog nor
d/control to your user ID.  The easiest way to get this in changelog
is to do

    dch -i

but make sure you do not create a new changelog entry since you have the
target release "unstable" dch assumes the package was just released.  I
took this as motivation to change the package_template and injected
UNRELEASED there (which you should do as well as long we do not release.
Please add the same user ID as it is in changelog into debian/control as
Uploaders.  For the moment I do not see any reason to leave me there but
it is OK if my ID is in a comma separated list with yours.

I think you can remove debian/get-orig-source since it seems there is no
need for repackaging (and thus you can also remove the get-orig-source
target from debian/rules).

I think for the moment this is enough advise.  Just let me know if you
have some problems to understand and solve the lintian issues.

Kind regards and thanks for your work on this