Re: [MoM] ProbABEL packaging

Hi Lennart

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 10:40:53PM +0100, L.C. Karssen wrote:
> Alright, git it will be then.
>

> If I read the policy correctly this boils down to the following, right?
>
> mkdir package
> cd package
> git init
> git import-orig --pristine-tar /path/to/package_version.orig.tar.gz
> dh_make -p package_x.y.z

Alternatively just copy over your just existing debian/ dir.

BTW, I personally stopped using dh_make at all but rather copy

   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/package_template/

and adapt the files.  This is way better fitting our Debian Med team
policy and dh_make is disturbing packaging with very stupid boilerplates
you need to remove afterwards.  To make people better aware of this I
just changed our policy document and replaced the dh_make references to

   svn checkout svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template debian

I hope everybody will like this.

> <make any changes to the debian dir>
> <try building the package>
>
> ssh git.debian.org
> cd /git/debian-med
> ./setup-repository pkg 'Packaging of pkg in Debian'
>
> git remote add origin git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/package.git
> git push --set-upstream
> git push --all --set-upstream

Yes, that's it. :-)

> Thanks a lot for the help so far.