Re: Publication about kclust

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:04:56AM +0200, "Steffen Möller" wrote:

> > > Well, as article is charged for access, difficult to see what is really
> > > in this article. But if it is only a mention of the tool, it should not
> > > be put in upstream. This is an other team/author work.
> >
> > It's the same team. They have not yet been able to publish it. I also considered packaging kclust, but - if I remember well - they told me to
> > wait till they publish the tool. Perhaps they gave up.
> >
> > Yes, the article only mentions kclust, but does not describe it. I can send you a copy of it in private email, of you want, just let me know.
>
> That publication is better than none :)

Under the circumstances mentioned above I'm not really sure.
Advertising a paywall around a not fully dedicated project might be
worth thinking twice.  If you (or somebody else) will decide the
d/upstream file I will not question it but I'm personally not
motivated to spend time into it.

> I have not contacted upstream if they are fine with an upload, yet.

Well, as long as some software has a free license it is not really
required to ask upstream even if it is for sure nice and polite and
finally helps making our project known amongst the target group.

However, I would definitely ask for their opinion about the
publication.