Re: Solved (Was: Git help needed (Was: MIA - Software for medical image alaysis))

Hello Andreas,

On 11/29/12 16:11, Andreas Tille wrote:
Minor additional remark:  While I'm a friend of separate doc packages in
this case the size of the package is what I would consider "small" and
thus I do not see any sense for a separate doc package just to carry the
manpages.  On the contrary - a good -dev package usually comes with
manpages
Done. For the moment there is no other documentation, so I removed the -doc package completely.

I was now able to build tha package successfully.  Due to using
nitpicking lintian mode (lintian -I) I've got some warnings you as
upstream might be interested in.  Most of these are

I: libvistaio-doc: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man3/VistaIOCombineBands.3.gz similiar similar
I: libvistaio-doc: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man3/VistaIOError.3.gz:82

like things.  So nothing dramatical from a packaging perspective
but you might be interested anyway.
I'll look into this some other day.

The only thing I would like you to change is

I: libvistaio source: duplicate-long-description libvistaio-dev libvistaio14
I added something like the paragraph you suggested. BTW: since this is a cmake based package there is no static library.

I got another error though (with -I): no-symbols-control-file
After reading the description I decided that this is something I will not care about today.

- changes committed.

Best
Gert