Solved (Was: Git help needed (Was: MIA - Software for medical image alaysis))

Hi Gert,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 02:57:09PM +0100, Gert Wollny wrote:
> It is pristine-xz. The sid version (1.26) as a lot more lines
> checking of the parameters in genxz than the Ubuntu 12.04 version
> (1.20).

Right!  Using pristine-tar from unstable works now!

> I did the dirty deed copying the sid version over to the Ubuntu
> installation, and it created the tar.xz.

Well, that's not very harmful in usual cases.  You should do the
development on an unstable machine anyway - so it's somehow my fault
to work with tools from testing (which in 99% works perfectly).

I was now able to build tha package successfully.  Due to using
nitpicking lintian mode (lintian -I) I've got some warnings you as
upstream might be interested in.  Most of these are

I: libvistaio-doc: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man3/VistaIOCombineBands.3.gz similiar similar
I: libvistaio-doc: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man3/VistaIOError.3.gz:82

like things.  So nothing dramatical from a packaging perspective
but you might be interested anyway.

The only thing I would like you to change is

I: libvistaio source: duplicate-long-description libvistaio-dev libvistaio14

Something like appending a paragraph

 This is the development package containing static library and header files.

in the end of libvistaio-dev long description might be perfectly
sufficient.

Otherwise the package looks fine to me and I would upload if you fixed
the later nitpicking "issue" - permitted that you consider the manpage
lintian infos as non-relevant for a first upload.