Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

On 06/19/12 12:41, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Amul Shah wrote:
>
>>  chmod: cannot access `gtmcrypt_ref.c': No such file or directory
>>  chmod: cannot access `gtmcrypt_ref.h': No such file or directory
>>  chmod: cannot access `gtmcrypt_interface.h': No such file or directory
>>  chmod: cannot access `gtmxc_types.h': No such file or directory
>>  chmod: cannot access `maskpass.c': No such file or directory
>>  chmod: cannot access `gtmcrypt_dbk_ref.c': No such file or directory
>>  I guess they shouldn't just be ignored, right?  but those .c's are the
>>  original sources which aren't installed with the "stage1" installation --
>>  is that just some legacy pieces in configure or am I missing smth?
>>    [amul:1] I asked Brad to tar those C files into source.tar which the
>>    configure script is trying to do. If we revert that bit, the configure
>>    script will work just fine. Or we fix the configure script to not package
>>    the tar ball when it is already present.
> I am sorry but I am a bit lost since I do not see any relevant commits
> in those files:
>
> $> git lg sr_unix/configure.gtc sr_unix/gtminstall.sh
> * dee7100 - (5.5-000, origin/v55000, gh-yarikoptic/v55000) ENH: Version 5.5000 from sourceforge. (3 months ago) [Luis Ibanez]
> * 9299623 - (origin/v54002B, origin/master, origin/HEAD, gh-yarikoptic/v54002B, gh-yarikoptic/master, master) ENH: Initial import from sourceforge. (5 months ago) [Luis Ibanez]
>
> anyways -- are they needed anyhow for stage2 building/installation to
> obtain the ultimate installation ? ;)
[amul:2] Brad made the changes in CMakeLists.txt. So when you 'make install' instead of seeing the C files, you get a tarball
named 'source.tar' in '$gtm_dist/plugin/gtmcrypt/'. I can't find the commit for it, but its there. :)

[amul:2] The CMake install directory is almost stage 2. What's missing for a complete stage2 are the help database files, all
the object files, and the replacements for GTM_DIST in the shell scripts. In order to let configure work as is, we should role
the install directory back to stage1 (my fault for bringing us past stage1).