Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

Bhaskar,

tiny questions:

- are there any internal checks/reliance on "installed" files being
read-only?   what is the goal anyway behind making them read-only if
owned by root who is the one with ability to revert that anyways?

- shouldn't  gtminstall have 'set -e' (or explicit || exit 1) so
  in case configure call fails, gtminstall fails?

- due to above my installation 'succeeds' while configure generates quite
  a bit of errors for me atm, e.g. pointing to missing gdehelp.dat etc

cp: cannot stat `gdehelp.dat': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/home/yoh/deb/perspect/fis-gtm/fis-gtm-gitsvn/debian/fis-gtm-5.5.000/usr/lib/fis-gtm/V5.5-000+git80-g211bd16_x86_64/gdehelp.dat': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `gtmhelp.dat': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/home/yoh/deb/perspect/fis-gtm/fis-gtm-gitsvn/debian/fis-gtm-5.5.000/usr/lib/fis-gtm/V5.5-000+git80-g211bd16_x86_64/gtmhelp.dat': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `gtmcrypt_ref.c': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `gtmcrypt_ref.h': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `gtmcrypt_interface.h': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `gtmxc_types.h': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `maskpass.c': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `gtmcrypt_dbk_ref.c': No such file or directory

I guess they shouldn't just be ignored, right?  but those .c's are the
original sources which aren't installed with the "stage1" installation --
is that just some legacy pieces in configure or am I missing smth?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences