Re: About having EMBOSS 6.4.0 in Wheezy or not.

Le Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 11:36:46AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I tried to git-buildpackage the emboss package which ended up in
>
> gbp:error: You have uncommitted changes in your source tree:
> gbp:error: # On branch master
> # Changes not staged for commit:
> #   (use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> #   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
> #
> #       deleted:    doc/programs/master/emboss/apps/feattext.html~
> #
> no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
>
> gbp:error: Use --git-ignore-new to ignore.
>

> I suspect a broken clean target which seems to delete a backup file

Hi Andreas,

for package maintained in Git, I do not maintain a clean target anymore,
because it is very easy to reset the repository. 'git clean -fd; git checkout .'
will delete anything unknown to git and cancel any local change.

These two commands are so often in my shell history that is as fast to launch
as 'fakeroot debian/rules clean'.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy