gbp.conf recommendations for Debian Med (was: Re: Clinica package)

Le Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 10:37:31AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 05:22:23PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > You must have a git-buildpackage configuration file somewhere that has some
> > non-standard options enabled.  On my system, it does not run pbuilder by
> > default.  My workflow is the following:
> >
> > debcheckout -a --git-track='*' $package
> > cd $package
> > git-buildpackage -us -uc # (I do not want to sign them before testing)
> > # sometimes it fails and recommends to add --git-ignore-new
> > # git-buildpackage -us -uc --git-ignore-new
> > cd ..
> > # Inspect, test, install, …
> > sbuild -sAd unstable $package.dsc
> > debsign …
>
> $ cat ~/.gbp.conf
> [DEFAULT]
> builder = ~/bin/git-pbuilder
> cleaner = fakeroot debian/rules clean
> pristine-tar = True
>
> [git-buildpackage]
> # use this for more svn-buildpackage like behaviour:
> export-dir = ../build-area/
> tarball-dir = ../tarballs/
>

> So that's an exact copy of what is written in our group policy (modulo
> something has changed which escaped my visual diff).

Sorry for this recommendation of our group policy… I think that it is
problematic, as it requires a pbuilder setup, and there are other
alternatives for building in clean chroots.

I will transform this in a tip for pbuilder users.

The other part, export-dir and tarball-dir, could actually belong to
debian/gbp.conf, if we agree that it is good to standartise on these
directories for git as well (no problem on my side).

With these changes, there would be no need for a recommended ~/.gbp.conf file.

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles