Re: Clinica package

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 05:22:23PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> When I checked this morning, the tarballs were not identical, and it is at
> least related to the fact that when I use get-orig-source, the tar file
> recorded my username and group (charles/charles), whereas they are obviously
> not the same in the pristine-tar branch.  There may be a workaround… probably
> the --group and --name parameters of tar ?

Uhmm.  I suspect this issue will probably happen also with other
packages and just nobody checked ...

> Seriously, I think that you had bad luck.

Also seriously, I definitely *know* that I have bad luck when touching
any electronic device (the simple WLAN router I have set up at home can
sing a song from beeing resetted multiple times).  I try to fight this
bad luck by getting rid of any non-deterministic option and following
stright and simple pathes to success.  That's why I never touched
svn-buildpackage and the only reason why I gave (and will give)
git-buildpackage a chance is that I like your way to do things in
changelogs and the fine granularity in your work which is IMHO a
consequence of using Git.

> Or taken differently, in some cases
> where you worked on git-managed packages, it was to help others, and if others
> need help, it is already a sign that the situation is not as easy as usual :)

Perhaps this is the case.  But what if just giving the advise:

   tar -xzf <pkg>_<version>.orig.tar.gz
   cd <pkg>-<version>
   pdebuild

That's rock solid and doese not depend from any broken state of a
repository.  It just will not fail - and I like things not even I can
break.

> > $ git-buildpackage -k "Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>"
> > dh clean
> >    dh_testdir
> >    dh_auto_clean
> >    dh_clean
> > ./waf --nocache distclean
> > 'distclean' finished successfully (0.000s)
> > rm -f gschemas.compiled
> > if test -d "waflib"; then find waflib -name "*.pyc" -delete; fi
> > gbp:info: Orig tarball 'clinica_0.2.1~dfsg.orig.tar.bz2' found at '../tarballs/'
> > gbp:info: Exporting 'HEAD' to '/home/tillea/debian-maintain/alioth/debian-med_git/build-area/clinica-tmp'
> > gbp:info: Moving '/home/tillea/debian-maintain/alioth/debian-med_git/build-area/clinica-tmp' to '/home/tillea/debian-maintain/alioth/debian-med_git/build-area/clinica-0.2.1~dfsg'
> > /bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: end of file unexpected
> > gbp:error: ~/bin/git-pbuilder returned 2
> > gbp:error: Couldn't run '~/bin/git-pbuilder -k Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>'
>
> You must have a git-buildpackage configuration file somewhere that has some
> non-standard options enabled.  On my system, it does not run pbuilder by
> default.  My workflow is the following:
>
> debcheckout -a --git-track='*' $package
> cd $package
> git-buildpackage -us -uc # (I do not want to sign them before testing)
> # sometimes it fails and recommends to add --git-ignore-new
> # git-buildpackage -us -uc --git-ignore-new
> cd ..
> # Inspect, test, install, …
> sbuild -sAd unstable $package.dsc
> debsign …

$ cat ~/.gbp.conf
[DEFAULT]
builder = ~/bin/git-pbuilder
cleaner = fakeroot debian/rules clean
pristine-tar = True

[git-buildpackage]
# use this for more svn-buildpackage like behaviour:
export-dir = ../build-area/
tarball-dir = ../tarballs/

So that's an exact copy of what is written in our group policy (modulo
something has changed which escaped my visual diff).

$ cat ~/bin/git-pbuilder
#!/bin/sh
set -e

cat > ~/.pbuilderrc <<EOT
AUTO_DEBSIGN=yes
PKGNAME_LOGFILE=yes
# BUILDRESULT=$BUILDDIR
HOOKDIR=/home/tillea/.pbuilder
EOT

/usr/bin/pdebuild --pbuilder cowbuilder --buildresult `dirname \$PWD` --debbuildopts "-i\.git -I.git $*"
rm ../*_source.changes
lintian -i ../*.deb ../*.dsc

That's more or less a copy of policy enhanced by forcibly overriding
~/.pbuilderrc which I considered a good idea at some point in time
and setting --buildresult manually because I featured problems with
setting it in .pbuilderrc.  It seems that ~/bin/git-pbuilder fails
somehow considering

gbp:info: Moving '/home/tillea/debian-maintain/alioth/debian-med_git/build-area/clinica-tmp' to '/home/tillea/debian-maintain/alioth/debian-med_git/build-area/clinica-0.2.1~dfsg'
/bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: end of file unexpected
gbp:error: ~/bin/git-pbuilder returned 2
gbp:error: Couldn't run '~/bin/git-pbuilder -k Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>'

but even if I insert "set -x" nothing changed and

  bash -n ~/bin/git-pbuilder

is fine.

At some point in time this worked perfectly.  Anything wrong with this?

PS.