Re: Orange for Debian Med (Was: Help with my Debian package for Orange)

Hi!

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
>  So for the moment I'll leave it in "Machine learning"

OK. No problem. Where is this task? Already available?

> Debian developers have their usual Debian login, other users get the
> "-guest" suffix - that's a convention on Alioth (might be a FAQ and
> should be described at some prominent place).

I was just checking if this is OK.

> No time to check for the moment but I'll trust your word for sure.

I do not trust myself because maybe I understand things differently. ;-)

> That's perfectly OK.  I just wanted to say that for the official package
> a released version would be prefered (even if not really necessary).
> Doing the preparations based on SVN is a good idea to be ready with the
> final package quickly.

So it is not necessary to have a released version? Because we have
mostly academic-driven development process where our software is
developed constantly and do not really have some fixed releases or
releases become old very fast. We were thinking of having some release
for some major changes, but soon after that SVN versions would be
again the preferred to use.

Are there any guidelines how to prepare a Debian package which is
tracking a SVN repository? Currently I am doing this myself:

http://orange.biolab.si/svn/orange/trunk/install-scripts/debian/debian-daily-build.sh

Mitar