Re: Orange for Debian Med (Was: Help with my Debian package for Orange)

Hi Mitar,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 09:41:39AM +0200, Mitar wrote:

> I believe it is. This is at least one of primary uses of Orange.

Sounds good.  So I added a paragraph to Debian Med bio task as well as
Debian Science machine learning.  It will show up after the next cron
run on the relevant tasks pages.  If you intend to make it an official
Debian package you should decide for one team where you feel "home".
IMHO Debian Med (with its strong focus also on Biology), Debian Science
and Python packaging would fit somehow.  If you are working on a
biological institute you probably will find the most friends in Debian
Med - but we are not "competing" against other teams - so you are free
to choose.

Once you decided you should create a login at alioth.debian.org and
apply for becoming a member of the team to get commit permissions to
VCS.  For Debian Med the process is described in the policy[1].  Then
you can ask for a sponsor who will review and upload the work you
prepared.

After having a *very* quick look at your source package I would like to
ask you to separate the debian/ directory from the orig.tar.gz.  This
was discussed several times on Debian list - feel free to ask if you
want to hear the reasoning.  Moreover I would prefer to upload some
"released" version not a SVN revision.  This enables writing a proper
watch file which informs about updates, enables simple download etc.

Kind regards and thanks for your Debian support

     Andreas.

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html