Re: Orange for Debian Med (Was: Help with my Debian package for Orange)

Hi Mitar,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:23:44PM +0200, Mitar wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> > If you intend to make it an official Debian package you should decide for one
> > team where you feel "home".
>
> I talked with other in the lab and we think data mining is more suitable.

Hmmm, currently we do not have the task "Data mining" in Debian Science
(even if this might make some sense) but only "Data acquisition" which
is a bit different.  Feel free to discuss this on Debian Science list
(preferably by suggesting other packages which would fall into this
category).  So for the moment I'll leave it in "Machine learning" until
we either decided to create "Data mining" or you propose another of the
existing tasks.

> Why I have -quest after the username? ;-)

Debian developers have their usual Debian login, other users get the
"-guest" suffix - that's a convention on Alioth (might be a FAQ and
should be described at some prominent place).

> Ah, no. This was my mistake. I somehow succeeded to merge everything
> together. I rebuilt it now and reuploaded it. I hope it is OK now. ;-)

No time to check for the moment but I'll trust your word for sure.

> > Moreover I would prefer to upload some
> > "released" version not a SVN revision.  This enables writing a proper
> > watch file which informs about updates, enables simple download etc.
>
> We currently do not have any released version. We are using those
> packages for daily building. And I hope to prepare them Debian-way, so
> that once we release official version, we can then push them into
> official Debian repository.

That's perfectly OK.  I just wanted to say that for the official package
a released version would be prefered (even if not really necessary).
Doing the preparations based on SVN is a good idea to be ready with the
final package quickly.