Re: archiving DICOM imagery for human consumption

also sprach Michael Hanke <mih@debian.org> [2011.03.05.2034 +0100]:
> Sounds like you want to convert it to NIfTI format. We have a number of
> packages in Debian that can do that (dicomnifti, mriconvert, dcm2nii,
> ...).

I am trying. I have three DVDs with DICOM/ directories, all filled
with STD0000xx directories containing IMG000xxx files.

If I run e.g.

  % dinifti -g STD00002 std00002.nifti

I am told

  **** DICOMImage::GetACQNumber: Cannot get value of image number in image STD00002/IMG00001

and no output file is generated. On another directory, I get

  **** DICOMImage::GetRepetitonTime: Cannot get value of acquisition repetition time in image STD00001/IMG00001

Are the DICOM data incomplete, or am I doing something wrong?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"if you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost;
 that is where they should be. now put the foundations under them."
                                                -- henry david thoreau