Re: archiving DICOM imagery for human consumption

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 10:19:56PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:

> I'll keep the DVDs, but I do not want to store 12Gb of data on
> backup media.
>
> > And for easy visualization and processing (e.g. you could create
> > cool 3D meshes of your brain) - convert to NIfTI
> >
> >                 apt-get install dicomnifti
>
> Okay, nice! Can you recommend a good viewer? I hope I am not
> stretching anyone's patience here. ;)

You'll want to think real hard what it is that you want to achieve:

You want a few cool images to keep around for showing off ?

-> Convert to png and keep somewhere in a home dir.

You want the representative images easily available for your
doctor to look at ?

-> You'll need to find out what "representative" means to a doctor.
-> You'll want the full contextual DICOM data for those.
-> You'll want a Windows viewer runnable on-access from a CD.

I guess :-)

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346