Re: Packaging r-bioc-simpleaffy

On 28/02/11 22:19, Andreas Tille wrote:
[...]
Does it make sense to recalculate a Bioconductor deb repository over
and over instead of just mirroring the result of one single cran2deb
run which would be (re)done in a reasonable frequence?

Hi, Andreas.

That's not really what I had in mind - I was thinking more about the detailed instructions for installing "cran2deb" that Charles mentioned. It seemed like something that would be more suitable to encapsulate in a deb package, rather than in a READ_ME for manual installation.

Admittedly, few people would install a "cran2deb" package. However, me and Steffan have both installed "cran2deb" manually from Dirk's SVN. I was, of course, tempted to create a simple binary package in completely the wrong way but, so far, I've resisted ;-)

Many supporting tools like "pbuilder" that are used by "cran2deb" are in fact available as deb packages. It just seemed like a useful idea.

Bye,

  Tony.